You guys, I absolutely love mornings. I love everything about them, especially how, even if you’ve stayed up a little too late the night before, you just can’t help but step back and appreciate how incredible this world is.
Mornings are quiet and calm. They’re still. They always have this special haze settled about them that makes you feel like you’re living a dream. There’s nothing like sitting outside (or by the window in the winter) with a cup of coffee and watching the sun rise or campus slowly come to life.
This weekend was so beautiful and I consider myself lucky in that I was able to get up with the sun and experience all it had to offer. I spent the weekend in such a state of appreciation that I just had to share it with you!
With the morning sun comes renewal and peace. It brings hope and promise. It’s a fresh start, a new beginning. Every stage of a sunrise brings an original portrayal of beauty, of art displayed across a seemingly infinite canvas.
I feel that the following quotes really embody all that is graceful and important in mornings and it is my hope that you find your own inspiration, recognition, and gratitude for this most wonderful time of day!
1. “The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep.”
2. “Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten someone’s day.”
Richelle E. Goodrich
3. “The sunrise, of course, doesn’t care if we watch it or not. It will keep on being beautiful, even if no one bothers to look at it.”
4. “The day will be what you make it, so rise, like the sun, and burn.”
William C. Hannan
5. “Life is getting up an hour early to live an hour more.”
6. “I love that this morning’s sunrise does not define itself by last night’s sunset.”
7. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive- to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”
8. “How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains.”
9. “Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams, or wake up and chase them.”
10. “Even the darkest nights will end and the sun will rise.”
11. “Rise and shine. I’ve always held such a fondness for that sweet old phrase. As though we are all little Suns. As though we are all someone’s Day.”
12. “The worst thing in the world can happen, but the next day the sun will come up. And you will eat your toast. And you will drink your tea.”
13. “Purpose is an incredible alarm clock.”
I love early mornings when it feels like the rest of the world is still fast asleep and you’re the only one who’s awake and everything feels like it isn’t really real and you kind of forget about all your problems because for now it’s just you, the world, and the sunrise.
~What’s your favorite part about mornings?